I finished Esther’s version of the children’s sportswear last week and the girls wore their new outfits to our church’s Spring Jamboree this weekend. Here are a couple pictures of Esther at the event.
Her dress was made the same way as Dinah’s tunic, except I just did a faux button placket with ruffles. I thought full ruffles down the front would be overpowering on her small frame. I also added bias trim along the hem. I forgot to get pictures of the bloomers, but I made them out of the navy blue fabric and used the orange to do bias tape around the legs. I used Dana’s Perfect Diaper Cover pattern, but I made it MUCH bigger so there would be some volume to the bloomers. (Sidenote: These outfits really helped me conquer my bias tape fears. My next “stretch my sewing skills” challenge is piping.)
Look at her cast! Poor baby! She broke the growth plate in her wrist a couple weeks ago. She’s been a trooper though and we get the cast off on Friday this week. Yay!
Look at that Bear! She loves to be a model for me. 🙂
I also made little ponytail holders for both girls. I used (of course) fabric covered buttons and looped ponytail holders through the button loops. They were really easy and were the perfect accessory for their outfits.
Oh, and in case you were wondering…last week’s challenge for Project Run and Play was an Earth Day challenge. We were supposed to:
Design an earth friendly children’s outfit.You can do this by upcycling, using organic materials, or recycled materials.
Since I had a couple more involved outfits in mind for Weeks 4 and 5 I decided to enter my Upcycled Nightgowns from a few weeks ago.